Trying to learn to cook healthy, cheaply and quickly. Here are some recipes I have compiled. Feel free to try some, give feedback, and share some of your own. :)

Friday, June 24, 2011

Make Your Own Taco Seasoning

We had a ton of lettuce in our CSA box this week so I decided to make Taco Salad for dinner tonight. I hate all the extra added ingredients in the pre-made taco seasoning so I attempted to make it myself. Score! Awesome flavorful taco seasoning made simply from spices I had on hand.

Ingredients:

-2 teaspoons chili powder
-1 1/2 teaspoons salt
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon ground cumin
-1 teaspoon paprika
-1 teaspoon oregano

Stir to blend, add to 1 lb ground beef. Add more seasonings to taste. Voila!

--Adapted from southernfoodabout.com and busycooksabout.com

No comments: